What we do
Ā mātau mahi
Shop with us
Nau mai, hoko atu
- Get involved Donate
Join Team Red Cross, take on the challenge of Auckland Marathon and do good in your community!
Challenge yourself and do good for others
Take on the Red Cross Challenge and join the Auckland Marathon on 20 October. In an ever-changing world, Red Cross is needed now more than ever.
As part of Team Red Cross, you'll help the people who need it most at home and overseas - people affected by conflict or disaster, in vulnerable situations and fleeing persecution and violence.
We rely on the generosity of people like you to fund many of our programmes. By joining the team, you'll help us deliver meals to the elderly, transport people to hospital, support former refugees settling in New Zealand, teach life-saving skills to children and support people affected by conflict or disasters.
Join the marathon as a Red Cross Charity Hero and you'll get the following benefits:
- Free entry into the race of your choice
- Complimentary transport to the start line
- An exclusive Charity Hero race bib
- An exclusive Charity Hero medal
- A Red Cross branded breathable t-shirt, so everyone will know you’re a superstar supporter
- Post-race massage at our finish line marquee
- Post-race hospitality and Red Cross goodie-bag
- Exclusive Charity Hero Photo Booth activation
- Ongoing support and fundraising
Your fundraising commitment to join Team Red Cross:
- Full Marathon: $1,250
- Half Marathon/12km Traverse: $750
Register for Team Red CrossSign up now!
Don't want to be hero? Be a charity runner
If you are unsuccessful in securing a place as a Charity Hero for Team Red Cross, don't worry! You can still join in the fun as a charity runner.
As a charity runner, you pay your own registration fee for the marathon but you will still receive our support for your training and fundraising.
You will be invited to the Golden Charity Event and will have your own fundraising page. You'll feel like part of the team with an awesome breathable Red Cross t-shirt if you raise more than $500!
If you’re not much of a runner...
…but you still want to help, you can support our Team Red Cross Auckland Marathon.