What we do
Ā mātau mahi
Shop with us
Nau mai, hoko atu
- Get involved Donate
Dragon Boat Festival
Join Team Red Cross and compete in the iconic Dragon Boat Festival in Wellington!
We are looking for paddlers to join our Dragon Boat Festival team in Wellington. No previous experience in dragon boating is required.
What you'll get out of it
- A unique experience paddling in the Wellington harbour
- An awesome Red Cross breathable t-shirt
- A Red Cross goodie bag on race day
- Free training and entry into the race
- A great team spirit and new friends
- Lots of support to help you fundraise like a pro
Commitment needed from each team member
- 8 weeks training (one evening per week) starting mid-January 2019
- Race day on Saturday 9 March 2019
- Fundraising minimum target
- A fun attitude!
Fundraising for New Zealand Red Cross
When we each do a little bit of good, together we can make a big difference. Last year, Team Red Cross raised an amazing $10,000! All the money raised by Team Red Cross goes towards New Zealand Red Cross doing good in communities here and overseas.
How do I join the team?
Contact Inge De Leeuw (Inge.Deleeuw@redcross.org.nz or 027 205 1458) at our Wellington Service Centre for more information. If you can't attend all the training sessions, we still want to hear from you!
Watch Team Red Cross in action.