What we do
Ā mātau mahi
Shop with us
Nau mai, hoko atu
- Get involved Donate
Dragon Boat Festival
Join Team Red Cross and compete in the iconic Dragon Boat Festival in Wellington!
We are looking for paddlers to join our Dragon Boat Festival team in Wellington. No previous experience in dragon boating is required.
What you'll get out of it
- A unique experience paddling in the Wellington harbour
- An awesome Red Cross sports t-shirt
- Lunch and a Red Cross goodie bag on race day
- Free training and entry into the race (usually approx $10,000 per team)
- Great team spirit and new friends
- Lots of support to help you fundraise like a pro
- Eight weeks training (one evening per week) starting mid-January 2020
- Race day on Saturday 7 March 2020
- Fundraising minimum target of $500
- A fun attitude!
When we each do a little bit of good, together we can make a big difference. Last year, Team Red Cross raised an amazing $10,000! This year, we have introduced a $25 registration fee as a contribution to the fundraising.
All the money raised by Team Red Cross goes towards New Zealand Red Cross doing good in communities here and overseas.
If you want to help vulnerable people affected by disaster, conflict or social isolation then jump on board.
This event is popular so sign up quick to avoid disappointment!
How do I join the team?
Watch Team Red Cross in action.