What we do
Ā mātau mahi
Shop with us
Nau mai, hoko atu
- Get involved Donate
Dunedin Art Auction
Come along to enjoy artwork from some of Dunedin's finest local artists and bid for a good cause!
Date: Thursday, 8 October 2020
Venue: Dunedin Community Gallery, 20 Princes Street, Dunedin Central.
Cost: A suggested donation of $5, includes a beverage.
Featuring works by artists recognised locally, nationally and internationally.
This year we a have a feature exhibition, “The Covid Bubble: interpretations of lockdown and the global pandemic that has shaped our collective experience of 2020".
All works can be purchased on the night.
Proceeds from sales will support the work of New Zealand Red Cross in communities here and overseas.
You must register to bid prior to the auction at the Dunedin Community Gallery or New Zealand Red Cross Dunedin Service Centre during open hours, or by contacting the Centre on (03) 477 1527.
Absentee bids will be accepted; simply indicate at the time of registering that you will not be present on the night.
Featured artworks can be previewed daily at the Dunedin Community Gallery from Sunday, 4 October, 10am-5:30pm (free admission); and on our Facebook event page.
Art Competition - The Covid Bubble
Art students are invited to submit a digital portfolio for the opportunity to contribute a “bubble”, which will be exhibited and auctioned for charity at the Dunedin Community Gallery between 4-8 October. Portfolio entries will be judged by a panel of local artists. Winners will be provided with a round 40cm piece of primed wood.
To enter the competition, submit a digital portfolio of three works with subject line “ART COMPETITION” by 25 August to firstname.lastname@example.org
Rules of the competition:
- You must be an enrolled art student at the time of competition entry
- Winners will be notified by email by 30 August
- Winners will be provided with a primed 40cm round piece of MDF wood to paint/draw/carve, etc.
- Other materials and supplies (e.g., paint) are not provided
- The Covid Bubble artworks must be completed and dropped off to the Red Cross Dunedin Service Centre by 18 September 2020
- Judges decisions are final
- All proceeds from The Covid Bubble auction sales go to NZ Red Cross
Get in touch!
If you have questions or are keen to lend a hand on the night, contact Jasmine Edwards on 027 362 5402 or email@example.com