What we do
Ā mātau mahi
- Recent stories
- New Zealand Red Cross responds to Nelson fires
- Red Cross welcomes government’s announcement of new refugee settlement locations
- Health worker blog: Christmas at Kutupalong
- New Zealand Red Cross welcomes government’s decision to sign Global Compact for Migration
- A scholarship to build the future
- See all stories
Shop with us
Nau mai, hoko atu
- Get involved Donate
Make a difference while doing something you love! Join Team Red Cross in the Dunedin Marathon on 8 September 2019 and support people in need.
How do I join Team Red Cross?
We welcome all runners or walkers to Team Red Cross, no matter your age or level of fitness. It's our passion to do good and help others that brings runners together in Team Red Cross.
There are three quick and easy steps to become a member of Team Red Cross for the Dunedin Marathon.
To be part of Team Red Cross, you'll first need to register for the race on the Dunedin Marathon website below.Register for the event
2. Create a fundraising page
Once you are registered for the race, you need to create a personal fundraising page to collect online donations. Click on the link below and enter your details.
Create a fundraising page
3. Let everyone know what you're doing!
Share your fundraising page with your networks, ask for their support to help you do good!
What you'll get out of it
As part of Team Red Cross, you will receive:
- a Red Cross dri-fit t-shirt (once you've raised $500)
- a fundraising pack, full of tips and advice, plus personal one-on-one support from Red Cross staff
- a certificate
- special prizes for the best and most innovative fundraisers
Fundraising for Red Cross
New Zealand Red Cross works in communities across Aotearoa and around the world to help improve the lives of vulnerable people. Whether it’s responding to disasters like the Kaikoura earthquakes, cyclones in the Pacific, teaching life-saving skills to children, delivering a hot meal or supporting former refugees to settle in New Zealand, our teams are doing good in neighbourhoods around the country.
By joining Team Red Cross, you'll ensure we can be here for good to help the people who need it most.
Get in touch!
For more information, contact Steve King, Humanitarian Services Coordinator in Dunedin, on 03 477 1527 or Steve.King@redcross.org.nz