What we do
Ā mātau mahi
- Recent stories
- New Zealand Red Cross responds to Nelson fires
- Red Cross welcomes government’s announcement of new refugee settlement locations
- Health worker blog: Christmas at Kutupalong
- New Zealand Red Cross welcomes government’s decision to sign Global Compact for Migration
- A scholarship to build the future
- See all stories
Shop with us
Nau mai, hoko atu
- Get involved Donate
Red Rose Day
One of our popular fundraising events is Red Rose Day. The red rose has been a symbol of New Zealand Red Cross for many years. We even have a specially-bred rose for our organisation - the Spirit of Hope Rose.
If you see a display for Red Rose Day in your area, be sure to buy either a single stem or a bunch for someone you'd like to surprise. Not only will you make their day, you'll be supporting us too!
Contact our Service Centre in Christchurch to see when Red Rose Day is happening, so you can plan to treat someone you care about with a red rose or two or sign up as a volunteer to help us sell our many roses.