What we do
Ā mātau mahi
Red Cross Shops
Toa Rīpeka Whero
- Get involved Donate
Dragon Boating 2017
Join Team Red Cross and compete in the Dragon Boat Festival in Wellington on 11 March 2017.
Dragon Boat Festival in Wellington is, for the second year in a row, supporting New Zealand Red Cross.
We are looking for paddlers to join our team. No previous experience in dragon boating is required.
What you'll get out of it
- A unique experience paddling in the Wellington harbour
- An awesome Red Cross breathable t-shirt (if personal fundraising target is met)
- A Red Cross goodie bag on race day
- Free training
- A great team spirit and new friends
- A personal online fundraising page
- Lots of support to help you fundraise like a pro.
Commitment needed from each team member
- 8 weeks training (one evening per week) starting in January 2017
- 2 days of racing - one practice race (18 February 2017) and the official race (11 March 2017)
- Fun attitude
- Fundraising commitment
Fundraising for New Zealand Red Cross
When we each do a little bit of good, together we can make a big difference. All the money raised by Team Red Cross will go towards New Zealand Red Cross doing good in communities both in New Zealand and overseas.
How do I join the team?
Contact Rachael Holderness (Rachael.Holderness@redcross.org.nz or 027205145) at our Wellington Service Centre for more information. Don't worry if you can't attend all the training sessions, we still want to hear from you!
Watch the 2016 Dragon Boat Team in action.