What we do
Ā mātau mahi
Red Cross Shops
Toa Rīpeka Whero
- Get involved Donate
Dragon Boating 2018
Join Team Red Cross and compete in the Dragon Boat Festival in Wellington on 10 March 2018.
We are looking for paddlers to join our Dragon Boat Festival team in Wellington. No previous experience in dragon boating is required.
What you'll get out of it
- A unique experience paddling in the Wellington harbour
- An awesome Red Cross breathable t-shirt (if personal fundraising target is met)
- A Red Cross goodie bag on race day
- Free training
- A great team spirit and new friends
- A personal online fundraising page
- Lots of support to help you fundraise like a pro.
Commitment needed from each team member
- 8 weeks training (one evening per week) starting in January 2018
- 2 days of racing - one practice race (February 2018) and the official race (10 March 2018)
- Fun attitude
- Fundraising commitment
Fundraising for New Zealand Red Cross
When we each do a little bit of good, together we can make a big difference. Last year, Team Red Cross raised an amazing $10,000! All the money raised by Team Red Cross goes towards New Zealand Red Cross doing good in communities here and overseas.
How do I join the team?
Contact Inge De Leeuw (Inge.Deleeuw@redcross.org.nz or 027 205 1458) at our Wellington Service Centre for more information. Don't worry if you can't attend all the training sessions, we still want to hear from you!
Watch Team Red Cross in action.