What we do
Ā mātau mahi
- Recent stories
- Finding strength in adversity
- Preparing multilingual communities for emergencies
- Colombian former refugees host cultural celebration
- International appeal launched to support major recovery and rebuilding operation following Indonesian earthquake
- A day in the life of a delegate in Cox’s Bazar
- See all stories
Shop with us
Nau mai, hoko atu
- Get involved Donate
Red Rose Day
One of our popular fundraising events is Red Rose Day. The red rose has been a symbol of New Zealand Red Cross for many years. We even have a specially-bred rose for our organisation - the Spirit of Hope Rose.
If you see a display for Red Rose Day in your area, be sure to buy either a single stem or a bunch for someone you'd like to surprise. Not only will you make their day, you'll be supporting us too!
Contact our Service Centre in Christchurch to see when Red Rose Day is happening, so you can plan to treat someone you care about with a red rose or two or sign up as a volunteer to help us sell our many roses.