What we do
Ā mātau mahi
- Recent stories
- Media Release| New Zealand Red Cross investigating data security in International Committee of the Red Cross privacy breach
- Media Release | New Zealand Red Cross ready to respond to Tonga volcanic eruption and tsunami
- A bittersweet escape from Kabul
- Red Cross Shops need hundreds more volunteers this holiday season
- Huge Hanes new clothing donations a warm welcome for former refugees
- See all stories
Shop with us
Nau mai, hoko atu
- Get involved Donate
Engage your workforce and connect with people
Volunteers make our work possible. Many of the 10,000+ Kiwis who volunteer for New Zealand Red Cross are trained for specific programmes and make an incredible difference to people in need - like refugee resettlement support, driver training for former refugees, disaster response volunteers and meals on wheels delivery drivers. These volunteering opportunities are some of the most fulfilling and rewarding around.
At key times throughout the year we also offer more practical, team-based volunteering opportunities for our partners – most significantly for our Red Cross Appeal as well as seasonal donation drives in support of our Red Cross Shops.
While spontaneous volunteering opportunities are more difficult to accommodate because of the specialist nature of our work, we do offer occasional opportunities throughout the year for charity events. We are also developing new opportunities that bring together training and volunteering to strengthen wellbeing, resilience and disaster preparedness.
If you have skills to share or volunteering ideas, get in touch.
Talk to us to find out how your business can make an impact.Partner with us