What we do
Ā mātau mahi
- In New Zealand
- Community programmes
- Disaster risk management
- First Aid courses and education
- International humanitarian law
- Meals on Wheels
- Migration programmes
- Restoring Family Links
- Red Cross Parcels
- COVID-19: We are in this together
- New Zealand Red Cross Youth Engagement Strategy
- Red Cross Appeal 2021
Shop with us
Nau mai, hoko atu
- Get involved Donate
2021 Red Cross Appeal Supporters' Campaign
It’s easy to support our 2021 Red Cross Appeal. We’ve created a range of ways your organisation and employees can support us.
We need your help
2020 was a tough year. While our Red Cross Street Appeal was cancelled due to COVID-19, our work helping vulnerable communities was more critical than ever as we supported more people, with more complex needs, and all in more challenging circumstances. In local communities and across the country, New Zealand Red Cross was there….
- responding to disasters and emergencies, including floods, fire and a global pandemic
- helping hundreds of former refugees settle into their new homes and employment
- supporting thousands of foreign nationals stranded in New Zealand
- delivering more than 600,000 hot meals and comfort to Meals on Wheels recipients
- teaching first aid and psychological first aid in our communities
- helping individuals and communities become more prepared and resilient for disaster
We don’t know where we’ll be needed next, but we do know we’ll be there. To do that we need support. That’s why we run an annual fundraising appeal to ensure we have the resources in place to provide the immediate response and care when and where it is needed.
Join our kick-starter campaign
Our kick-starter campaign is a unique opportunity for organisations to help get our 2021 Red Cross Appeal off to a flying start. There are a range of ways your organisation and employees can help – by making a business donation, fundraising in your workplace, sharing our appeal assets on your channels, donating media spend, or joining our street collection. We’ve created unique ‘supporter’ logos for you to use to promote your support to your networks
Make a business donation
The best way to kick-start our appeal is to become a Red Cross Appeal Supporter by making a donation at one of three levels - Gold $10,000, Silver $5,000 or Bronze $2,021. In return for your donation we’ve created some unique assets and opportunities for promoting your support to your employees and customers.
Donate $10,000 to receive Gold Supporter status
- Gold supporter logo and 3 promotional assets to use on your channels during March / April
- Business logo and link on our website
- Shout-out on LinkedIn
- Red Cross representative visit to your workplace
Donate $5,000 to receive Silver Supporter status
- Silver supporter logo and 2 promotional assets to use on your channels during March / April
- Name on our website
- Business website link on our website
Donate $2,021 to receive Bronze Supporter status
- Bronze supporter logo and 1 promotional asset to use on your channels during March / April
- Name on our website
(Above image), examples of our exclusive supporter assets: social media tile, digital supporter status badge, email banner
Join our street collection
Encourage your team members to join our street collection in locations around the country between 15-21 March. It’s great fun and every bucket collected makes a big difference. Set a ‘sign up’ target, provide a collection site outside your workplace and enjoy connecting with your local community.
Fundraise in your workplace
Organise a team fundraiser and boost this by dollar-matching your team’s generosity. Come up with your own fundraising options or try one or more of the following:
- Bake for morning tea or fire up the BBQ and donate
- Organise a sweepstake to guess how many Red Cross disaster volunteers responded in 2020
- Wear red and donate
- Raffle products/services and donate the proceeds
Invest your media spend
Help us extend the reach of our amazing appeal assets by sharing them on your channels or donating a portion of your media budget to help others hear about Red Cross Appeal.
Engage your customers
Create a customer-facing fundraiser, donate a portion of your sales for the appeal month or share links to our online donation page.
Invite your employees to donate a percentage of their income through payroll giving. If you don’t have payroll giving in place, talk to us to find out how to set it up.
Find out more
We can provide you with everything you need to get involved, including our amazing appeal assets and information for passing through your funds. Keep us in touch with your activities as we love to recognise our supporters on our channels.