What we do
Ā mātau mahi
- Recent stories
- New Zealand Red Cross responds to Nelson fires
- Red Cross welcomes government’s announcement of new refugee settlement locations
- Health worker blog: Christmas at Kutupalong
- New Zealand Red Cross welcomes government’s decision to sign Global Compact for Migration
- A scholarship to build the future
- See all stories
Shop with us
Nau mai, hoko atu
- Get involved Donate
In your workplace
Getting your workplace involved in supporting New Zealand Red Cross helps so many people in need - people around the world and across your street. From social activities to payroll giving, there are many ways you and your work colleagues can help.
New Zealand Red Cross has plenty of fundraising events and ideas that you can use to inspire and motivate your workplace. It's easy to work together with your colleagues to do good for others in need. Here are some of our existing fundraising platforms:
- Cross for Red Cross - if traditional marathons and triathlons aren't your thing, you can 'Cross For Red Cross' - make up an event to suit you. Cross for Red Cross is an easy and accessible fundraising platform providing you with lots of flexibility - to organise a ‘crossing’ event or activity that you can tailor to your own age, culture, talents and abilities.
- Red Cross Challenge - Challenge yourself to participate in any great event that's happening around the country and fundraise for New Zealand Red Cross at the same time. Get a team of colleagues together and work together on a project of a different kind.
Check out our fundraising section for more ideas and inspiration.
Be a humanitarian every payday! You don’t need to be an aid worker helping in a disaster zone to give valuable help to a humanitarian cause. Every week generous Kiwis help the work of New Zealand Red Cross by donating through their pay. It’s an easy and effective way of supporting our valuable work.
Donations are deducted before you receive your pay and you’ll automatically receive a PAYE credit of 33% of the donation amount. Effectively by donating $30 you’ll only contribute $20! Also check if your employer matches donations you’re making through payroll giving, easily allowing you to double your donation and the impact it makes.
You'll need to check with your Human Resources or Payroll department to see if you can give donations via payroll giving. If your pay systems don't allow it, but you'd still like to give a regular donation, you can become a Project Partner.
Find out more information about payroll giving or contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org.
A huge number of New Zealand Red Cross programmes are delivered by volunteers. In fact 'Voluntary Service' is one of our fundamental principles. If people in your workplace would like to be a part of the 10,000+ New Zealanders who volunteer for New Zealand Red Cross, please contact us on email@example.com.
Opportunities to accommodate staff groups for volunteering are not always easy to arrange as it requires quite a bit of time for our staff to organise an activity that might be suitable for untrained volunteers. However, if we have a long enough lead-time, there might be some opportunities. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org.