Red Cross Annual Appeal street collector
Street collecting is a wonderful and fun way to get out and about while making a massive difference in communities like yours and around the world. By donating just two hours of your time, you’re playing a crucial role in raising funds for the New Zealand Red Cross Annual Appeal that will support thousands of people in need. Our humanitarian work helps people affected by disasters, emergencies and conflicts, and supports vulnerable people in our communities, wherever the need is greatest.
Once you have signed up you will receive a confirmation email that will contain a link to our online scheduling system. Simply enter your details and use this system to book your shift. We will send you a confirmation email, reminders and any other information you need about your shift.
Note: This sign-up is only for new volunteers joining us for the first time. If you are an existing Red Cross member or employee, please speak to your contact person or manager to find out how to schedule your shift.
The New Zealand Red Cross Annual Street Appeal offers short-term volunteer opportunities. You can help for a few hours from March 22 to 23.
- Shift times vary at each collection site.
- Most shifts last between one to two hours.
- Shift start times range from 8am to 6pm.
- Shifts are scheduled easily using our scheduling system once you register.
- Hold a bucket with a smile and encourage your community to donate to a worthy cause.
- Represent the largest humanitarian organisation in the world.
- Go home feeling proud that you’ve helped raise funds that will directly support a person, family or community in need.
- We will provide a red bib, bucket and a name tag for each volunteer.
We have over 100 sites in cities and suburbs around the country to choose from.
To volunteer, first select your region to see what suburbs we have sites in, and then select your location. You will then see more information about the sites in your location. We'll be updating this list with available collection locations. If you can’t see a location near you now, be sure to pop back to check as new volunteering opportunities become available.
Volunteer requirements and training
- Bring your smile and passion for helping those in need.
- Please arrive 5-10 minutes before your shift to allow time for the brief induction and changeover.
- Bring a valid ID.
- A quick briefing will be provided at the beginning of your shift.
- Bring sunscreen/protection, a water bottle, and wear comfortable shoes.
- Expect to be on your feet for the duration of your shift.
Health, Safety and Wellbeing
Make sure your actions (or lack of actions) don’t harm your health, safety and wellbeing, or harm anyone else.
Follow all instructions given to you about health, safety and wellbeing