What we do
Ā mātau mahi
- Recent stories
- Finding strength in adversity
- Preparing multilingual communities for emergencies
- Colombian former refugees host cultural celebration
- International appeal launched to support major recovery and rebuilding operation following Indonesian earthquake
- A day in the life of a delegate in Cox’s Bazar
- See all stories
Shop with us
Nau mai, hoko atu
- Get involved Donate
Book fair volunteer
If you love books and want to support New Zealand Red Cross, sign up to help out at your local Red Cross book fair.
Our book fairs are not to be missed! A huge number of volunteer hours keep our book fairs running smoothly. From book sorting throughout the year, through to making the magic happen on the day, our book fair volunteers go the extra mile.
We are looking for volunteers who are interested in working a few hours a week, fortnight or month throughout the year sorting and collecting donated books. Volunteers work in a team, making it a great social activity. We also need volunteers in the lead up to the book fair and during the fair to help set-up, stocking and re-stocking books, managing sales and helping pack down.
Volunteering at one of our book fairs is a great way to get out in the community as well as help fundraise to support the work we do throughout New Zealand and overseas.