What we do
Ā mātau mahi
- Recent stories
- New Zealand Red Cross appoints new Secretary General
- Lake Ōhau fire: Providing emotional support to survivors
- Serving up a lifesaving effort in Waikato
- Red Cross and the Hurricanes invite you to join the Good and Ready Photo Challenge
- Bringing ‘hope in a box’ to Kiwis in need
- See all stories
Shop with us
Nau mai, hoko atu
- Get involved Donate
Become an event volunteer and support our work in New Zealand and around the world.
Becoming a Red Cross event volunteer is a great way to meet new people, get event experience and help support the work we do throughout New Zealand and overseas.
You'll be assisting Red Cross staff at all sorts of events with things like handing out flyers and give-aways, setting up stalls, venue decoration, taking photos, organising refreshments, holding buckets, chatting to event participants etc.
Volunteering during fundraising events is a great way to get involved with Red Cross without needing to commit to ongoing volunteer hours. Put your name down now!