What we do
Ā mātau mahi
- Recent stories
- New Zealand Red Cross appoints new Secretary General
- Lake Ōhau fire: Providing emotional support to survivors
- Serving up a lifesaving effort in Waikato
- Red Cross and the Hurricanes invite you to join the Good and Ready Photo Challenge
- Bringing ‘hope in a box’ to Kiwis in need
- See all stories
Shop with us
Nau mai, hoko atu
- Get involved Donate
Meals on Wheels driver
We're looking for friendly volunteer drivers to deliver meals in neighbourhoods across New Zealand.
Our Meals on Wheels service supports elderly, ill and disabled people living at home who would otherwise struggle to provide healthy meals for themselves. We need volunteers keen to deliver hot meals, and stop in for a friendly chat, to people in need in communities across New Zealand. Volunteers need to be available on weekdays at around lunchtime (we don't deliver on weekends or in the evenings). Volunteers also need their own vehicle.
Want to help, but don't have time?
Make a donation today and help vulnerable people receive the lifesaving support they need.Donate now