What we do
Ā mātau mahi
- Recent stories
- New Zealand Red Cross appoints new Secretary General
- Lake Ōhau fire: Providing emotional support to survivors
- Serving up a lifesaving effort in Waikato
- Red Cross and the Hurricanes invite you to join the Good and Ready Photo Challenge
- Bringing ‘hope in a box’ to Kiwis in need
- See all stories
Shop with us
Nau mai, hoko atu
- Get involved Donate
Red Cross Appeal street collector
Can you spare an hour or two? Collect for our street day appeal and help raise funds to support the work we do.
Our annual street appeal in March is our biggest fundraiser of the year. It not only helps us to continue the work we do but also raises awareness of the supportive services we provide.
Street collecting is a wonderful and fun way for you to be a part of something bigger. Meet and greet people in your community and encourage them to donate to a great cause. By donating your time, you’re making a real difference in people’s lives. It’s up to you when you want to volunteer - the time commitment is flexible, depending on your availability.
Sign up today and your local Red Cross service centre will be in touch with the dates in your area. Thank you for your support.