What we do
Ā mātau mahi
- Recent stories
- Finding strength in adversity
- Preparing multilingual communities for emergencies
- Colombian former refugees host cultural celebration
- International appeal launched to support major recovery and rebuilding operation following Indonesian earthquake
- A day in the life of a delegate in Cox’s Bazar
- See all stories
Shop with us
Nau mai, hoko atu
- Get involved Donate
Street collection volunteer
Collect donations by inspiring and encouraging the public to give to Red Cross.
Street collections take place at different times throughout New Zealand. The time commitment is usually 2 to 4 hour shifts, flexible depending on your availability. You'll be comfortable meeting and greeting the public, encouraging people to donate, and in some areas, using EFTPOS terminals (training will also be provided). Express your interest online, and your local service centre will be in touch with the dates in your area.