What we do
Ā mātau mahi
- Recent stories
- Welcome packs help former refugee families make their new house a home
- “I didn’t give up. I kept smiling.”
- QBE Insurance and New Zealand Red Cross to help more Kiwis prepare for emergencies
- COVID-19 Place of Interest : New Zealand Red Cross Shop Frankton Hamilton
- The power of perseverance
- See all stories
Shop with us
Nau mai, hoko atu
- Get involved Donate
Cyclone Cindy was an emergency preparedness exercise based on the severe storms that swept through thelower North Island in 2004.
More than 120 New Zealand Red Cross Disaster Welfare and Support Team (DWST) volunteers were called in from the North Island and upper South Island working until the early hours of the morning, and finished off the response two days later.
The exercise aims to prepare volunteers within the emergency sector as part of their continued training to help in times of disasters.
It is part of an ongoing learning and collaboration exercise for volunteers and members of the public.