What we do
Ā mātau mahi
- Recent stories
- Media Release| New Zealand Red Cross investigating data security in International Committee of the Red Cross privacy breach
- Media Release | New Zealand Red Cross ready to respond to Tonga volcanic eruption and tsunami
- A bittersweet escape from Kabul
- Red Cross Shops need hundreds more volunteers this holiday season
- Huge Hanes new clothing donations a warm welcome for former refugees
- See all stories
Shop with us
Nau mai, hoko atu
- Get involved Donate
While summer temperatures in this part of the world can reach 45 degrees, winter tends to be very cold, with temperatures dropping below freezing for much of the season. A harsh winter on top of ongoing conflict is putting the lives of millions of children and their families at risk.
Across the region conflict has left millions people homeless in their own country and millions more as refugees having fled across borders. The scale of the humanitarian crisis is immense and this is just one of the ongoing situations Red Cross is responding to, providing desperately needed support to the most vulnerable.
Right now Red Cross is helping children and families affected by conflict or disaster across the world and in our backyard. From the frozen winter of the Middle East to the tropical heat of the Pacific, we are helping people in crisis.
By donating today you can ensure that New Zealand Red Cross will always be there to provide that help.