What we do
Ā mātau mahi
- Recent stories
- New Zealand Red Cross responds to Nelson fires
- Red Cross welcomes government’s announcement of new refugee settlement locations
- Health worker blog: Christmas at Kutupalong
- New Zealand Red Cross welcomes government’s decision to sign Global Compact for Migration
- A scholarship to build the future
- See all stories
Shop with us
Nau mai, hoko atu
- Get involved Donate
Download emergency templates and guides
Get ready to get through. Emergency preparedness guides can help you plan for an emergency by ensuring you have the right equipment and knowledge. Make sure you are safe should disaster strike.
We recommend taking steps now to help lessen the effect an emergency or disaster may have on you and your family.
Everyone should have an emergency plan, basic first aid skills and survival items such as food, water and medication to last a minimum of three days. Knowing your local evacuation arrangements is also vital during an emergency.
Download Civil Defence's guides and plans to ensure you are safe should disaster strike.Emergency checklist (PDF)
Emergency survival items and getaway kit (PDF)
Post emergency safety (PDF)
Download our app
Download our Hazard app - to help you and your family prepare for and respond to hazards in New Zealand, like earthquakes, cyclones and more.