What we do
Ā mātau mahi
Shop with us
Nau mai, hoko atu
- Get involved Donate
For job seekers
Our Pathways to Employment programme helps former refugees plan their employment, education, training and career goals and ultimately find work.
- Offers language support in a variety of languages as well as cross-cultural support.
- Provides employment support upon arrival in the community.
- Helps to find jobs in New Zealand at any stage of the job seeker’s employment journey, including helping plan employment and career goals, assisting with the writing of CVs and cover letters, coaching on interview skills, and finding work trials and work experience.
- Delivers a variety of employment workshops.
- Provides a safe, trusting and humanitarian environment for all job seekers with a refugee background aged 18 to 64.
- Advocates with employers on behalf of job seekers.
If you are a former refugee seeking educational or employment opportunities, and/or are currently on the Work and Income benefit, please get in touch with your regional Pathways to Employment team.
Pathways to Employment contact details
- Auckland: Michelle Burton, 027 807 7986, or Michelle.Burton@redcross.org.nz
- Hamilton: Jessica King, 027 839 5975, or Jessica.King@redcross.org.nz
- Wellington: Samantha Jones, 021 228 5585, or Samantha.Jones@Redcross.org.nz
- Palmerston North: Kevin Morris, 027 807 2383, or Kevin.Morris@redcross.org.nz
- Nelson: Claire Nichols, 027 807 3837, or Claire.Nichols@redcross.org.nz
- Blenheim: Margaret Western, 027 222 9590, or Margaret.Western@redcross.org.nz
- Christchurch: Melanie Douglas, 027 403 6058, or Melanie.Douglas@redcross.org.nz
- Ashburton: Nils Macfarlane, 027 213 7793, or Nils.Macfarlane@redcross.org.nz
- Timaru: Nils Macfarlane, 027 213 7793, or Nils.Macfarlane@redcross.org.nz
- Dunedin: Claire Speedy, 027 566 0071, or Claire.Speedy@redcross.org.nz
- Invercargill: Phil Dobson, 027 259 9110, Phil.Dobson@redcross.org.nz
- Nationally: Jarrah Cooke, 027 405 7892, or Jarrah.Cooke@redcross.org.nz