What we do
Ā mātau mahi
Shop with us
Nau mai, hoko atu
- Get involved Donate
Settlement Case Worker - Masterton
We have an exciting opportunity for a Settlement Case Worker in our Pathways to Settlement programme to support former refugees who will arrive in Masterton through the refugee quota.
This position will work alongside the regional social workers, caseworkers and volunteers to assist the new families in their resettlement.Qualification/experience required:
- Understanding of Refugee Journey.
- Able to relate to, support and negotiate with people of different cultural and religious backgrounds.
- Have a good understanding of the New Zealand system and local social services.
- Have knowledge of confidentiality and privacy act practices.
- Have knowledge and experience of the refugee journey and settlement experience.
- Have advanced computer skills, including Excel, Word, email and database systems.
- Have excellent time management skills.
- Have excellent oral, listening and written communication skills
- Are enthusiastic and have the commitment to work as a team member of New Zealand Red Cross.
In this role, you will:
- Provide generalist casework services to newly arrived refugee families from Syria Provide language (Arabic) and cultural support alongside other settlement case workers and social workers as required.
- Assist with the orientation programme in the community.
- Make referrals to appropriate agencies and ensure effective linkages are made.
- Contribute to opportunities for raising public awareness of the refugee experience.
- Provide a cross cultural perspective to the wider Red Cross team.
- Advocate for former refugee clients in the NZ social context.
About New Zealand Red Cross:
Red Cross is the world's largest humanitarian organisation, working together towards our mission to improve the lives of vulnerable people by mobilising the power of humanity and enhancing community resilience.
New Zealand Red Cross is a New Zealand wide organisation with over 14,500 members and 500 staff.
We welcome and encourage diversity in our workforce and adhere to best practice equal employment opportunity principles in all aspects of our recruitment and our ways of working.
To download the job description and to apply for this position please click the 'Apply Now' button to be taken to the New Zealand Red Cross Careers page.
All applications MUST be submitted online. Applications close at 5pm, 31 March 2020.
If you wish to discuss this opportunity or for further information, please contact Shweta Prasad at New Zealand Red Cross Shweta.Prasad@redcross.org.nz.
You must have the right to live and work in New Zealand to be considered for this job.APPLY NOW