What we do
Ā mātau mahi
Red Cross Shops
Toa Rīpeka Whero
- Get involved Donate
Auckland Marathon 2017
Walk or run with Team Red Cross in the Auckland Marathon, on 29 October 2017
New Zealand Red Cross works in communities across Aotearoa and around the world to help improve the lives of vulnerable people. Whether it’s responding to disasters like the Kaikoura earthquakes and the Edgecumbe flooding, teaching life-saving skills to children, delivering a hot meal, or supporting former refugees, our volunteers and members are doing good things in neighbourhoods around the country.
By choosing to run for Team Red Cross, you'll ensure we can be here for good to help the people who need it most.Sign up now
You don't have to be a jogging junkie
You can run or walk, and there are three distances to choose from:
- 12km Traverse
- Half Marathon - 21km
- Full Marathon - 42 km
What you'll receive
As a member of Team Red Cross, you'll receive:
- Free entry into your chosen race
- A really cool Red Cross Dri-Fit runners t-shirt
- Fundraising pack, full of tips and advice, plus professional one-on-one support from Red Cross staff
- Training guides for all levels
- Sports massage voucher when you reach $500 in donations
- Free VIP transport (ferry or coach) to the race start location
- Personalised charity photograph, race bib and thank you certificate
- Official Charity Runner medal when you’ve finished the race
- Post-race celebration at our Red Cross tent in Victoria Park, where you can relax, enjoy a meal and chill out with family and team mates.
Join Team Red Cross and become a Charity Hero
When you enter as a Charity Hero for the Red Cross, you pledge to raise a minimum of $1,000.
It's amazing how fast those funds come rolling in, as contributors join your cause and we'll be there to help you all the way.
How to sign up
Join Team Red Cross - sign up on EverydayHero. Simply click 'Join team'.
For further information, chat to Robyn Brady, Community Fundraising Coordinator.
09 260 4070 or 027 2010 489