What we do
Ā mātau mahi
- Recent stories
- World First Aid Day 2021 #EverydayHeroes
- Afghanistan Humanitarian Crisis | FAQ
- New Zealand Red Cross is calling for support from Kiwis to help ease the suffering of those most impacted by COVID-19 across the Pacific
- Afghanistan Humanitarian Crisis
- New Zealand Red Cross continues to provide essential services under COVID-19 Alert Level 4
- See all stories
Shop with us
Nau mai, hoko atu
- Get involved Donate
Join a branch
Branches enable Kiwis to get together and plan activities in their neighbourhoods. Learn more about joining a branch.
As a member, you may wish to join a local branch. There are branches in all corners of New Zealand. They're a great way to engage with people in your community, to plan and run local humanitarian activities.
New Zealand Red Cross community programmes can be led by branches. Branches organise Meals on Wheels volunteers, fundraising activities, and more. There are loads of programmes specific to particular communities, like curtain banks and hospital service volunteers, which Branches are responsible for running. More information about our programmes can be found on the Community Programmes section.
How branches are run
Branches manage their own accounts by electing members to act as President, Secretary, Treasurer and other positions.
Join your local branch
Contact the branch in your area to speak to someone about how to join.