What we do
Ā mātau mahi
- Recent stories
- Media Release| New Zealand Red Cross investigating data security in International Committee of the Red Cross privacy breach
- Media Release | New Zealand Red Cross ready to respond to Tonga volcanic eruption and tsunami
- A bittersweet escape from Kabul
- Red Cross Shops need hundreds more volunteers this holiday season
- Huge Hanes new clothing donations a warm welcome for former refugees
- See all stories
Shop with us
Nau mai, hoko atu
- Get involved Donate
Join a branch
Branches enable Kiwis to get together and plan activities in their neighbourhoods. Learn more about joining a branch.
As a member, you may wish to join a local branch. There are branches in all corners of New Zealand. They're a great way to engage with people in your community, to plan and run local humanitarian activities.
New Zealand Red Cross community programmes can be led by branches. Branches organise Meals on Wheels volunteers, fundraising activities, and more. There are loads of programmes specific to particular communities, like curtain banks and hospital service volunteers, which Branches are responsible for running. More information about our programmes can be found on the Community Programmes section.
How branches are run
Branches manage their own accounts by electing members to act as President, Secretary, Treasurer and other positions.
Join your local branch
Contact the branch in your area to speak to someone about how to join.