What we do
Ā mātau mahi
- Recent stories
- The Treaty on the Prohibition of Nuclear Weapons enters into force: It’s time to join the right side of history
- Tropical Cyclone Yasa: In pictures
- Extensive destruction reported as Cyclone Yasa slams into Fiji
- Our 20 best photos of 2020
- Keeping the spirit of giving all year round
- See all stories
Shop with us
Nau mai, hoko atu
- Get involved Donate
Join a branch
Branches enable Kiwis to get together and plan activities in their neighbourhoods. Learn more about joining a branch.
As a member, you may wish to join a local branch. There are branches in all corners of New Zealand. They're a great way to engage with people in your community, to plan and run local humanitarian activities.
New Zealand Red Cross community programmes can be led by branches. Branches organise Meals on Wheels volunteers, fundraising activities, Community Transport drivers and more. There are loads of programmes specific to particular communities, like curtain banks and hospital service volunteers, which Branches are responsible for running. More information about our programmes can be found on the Community Programmes section.
How branches are run
Branches manage their own accounts by electing members to act as President, Secretary, Treasurer and other positions.
Join your local branch
Contact the branch in your area to speak to someone about how to join.