Blood service support volunteer
Help the staff from the New Zealand Blood Service to support blood donors and make them feel comfortable.
Your volunteer role will include:
- Providing cups of tea.
- Supporting donors after they've given blood.
Volunteer requirements and training
Times and dates vary because the New Zealand Blood Service works directly with our network of Red Cross branches and groups to fill vacancies.
We will give your details to your local branch or group and they will contact you to discuss your availability.
Health, Safety and Wellbeing (HSW)
- Make sure your actions (or lack of actions) don’t harm your health, safety and wellbeing, or harm anyone else.
- Take part in a HSW induction, training, programmes and activities.
- Follow all instructions given to you about health, safety and wellbeing
- Follow all NZRC HSW policies, standards and procedures about health, safety and wellbeing.
- Make sure you have the right training for any activities you are doing.
- Use personal protective equipment (PPE) for any work activities that may need it to stay safe.
- If you spot a hazard, or you are involved in an incident or near miss, report this straight away.