Volunteer breakfast club mentor
Breakfast club volunteers meet with children one morning a week, helping prepare the first meal of the day, and joining the younger members for breakfast.
Your volunteer role will include:
- Preparing breakfast.
- Cleaning up when finished.
- Interacting positively with children.
Volunteer requirements and training
Volunteers need to share conversations, model positive behaviour like manners and social skills, and share experiences with the younger children.
Times and dates vary. We will give your details to your local branch or group and they will contact you to discuss your availability.
Health, Safety and Wellbeing (HSW)
- Make sure your actions (or lack of actions) don’t harm your health, safety and wellbeing, or harm anyone else.
- Take part in a HSW induction, training, programmes and activities.
- Follow all instructions given to you about health, safety and wellbeing
- Follow all NZRC HSW policies, standards and procedures about health, safety and wellbeing.
- Make sure you have the right training for any activities you are doing.
- Use personal protective equipment (PPE) for any work activities that may need it to stay safe.
- If you spot a hazard, or you are involved in an incident or near miss, report this straight away.