What we do
Ā mātau mahi
- Recent stories
- New Zealand Red Cross responds to Nelson fires
- Red Cross welcomes government’s announcement of new refugee settlement locations
- Health worker blog: Christmas at Kutupalong
- New Zealand Red Cross welcomes government’s decision to sign Global Compact for Migration
- A scholarship to build the future
- See all stories
Shop with us
Nau mai, hoko atu
- Get involved Donate
From POWs to MOWs - video
Frank Hardy, a World War Two (WWII) prisoner of war in Germany for four years, relied on Red Cross parcels during his time as a prisoner of war (POW). New Zealand Red Cross was still there for Frank 70 years on.
Frank and his wife were living in Christchurch when the 22 February quake hit. When he needed help to move his wife around town, he applied for a grant from Red Cross to help him. He is also a meals on wheels (MOW) recipient.
Frank went on national TV to say thanks to New Zealand Red Cross. Listen to his amazing story.