What we do
Ā mātau mahi
- Recent stories
- Huge Hanes new clothing donations a warm welcome for former refugees
- COVID-19 Place of Interest : New Zealand Red Cross Shop Greerton Tauranga
- Kitset cabins and collegial connections
- Be Good and Ready in an emergency
- Welcome packs help former refugee families make their new house a home
- See all stories
Shop with us
Nau mai, hoko atu
- Get involved Donate
From POWs to MOWs - video
Frank Hardy, a World War Two (WWII) prisoner of war in Germany for four years, relied on Red Cross parcels during his time as a prisoner of war (POW). New Zealand Red Cross was still there for Frank 70 years on.
Frank and his wife were living in Christchurch when the 22 February quake hit. When he needed help to move his wife around town, he applied for a grant from Red Cross to help him. He is also a meals on wheels (MOW) recipient.
Frank went on national TV to say thanks to New Zealand Red Cross. Listen to his amazing story.