What we do
Ā mātau mahi
- Recent stories
- Welcome packs help former refugee families make their new house a home
- “I didn’t give up. I kept smiling.”
- QBE Insurance and New Zealand Red Cross to help more Kiwis prepare for emergencies
- COVID-19 Place of Interest : New Zealand Red Cross Shop Frankton Hamilton
- The power of perseverance
- See all stories
Shop with us
Nau mai, hoko atu
- Get involved Donate
First Aid Revalidation
This one day first aid course is a refresher of your first aid skills, keeping your knowledge up to date and relevant. First Aid certificates must be revalidated every two years.
This first aid course is for those who have previously completed the Comprehensive First Aid, Essential First Aid or equivalent from another provider, and whose two-year certificate is due for renewal.
What this 6-hour course covers
This course allows you to refresh your first aid knowledge and skills, ensuring they’re up to date and relevant. Please note, you must bring proof of your first aid certificate upon attending a revalidation course, regardless of your previous provider.
- Primary assessment
- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) – adult, child and infant
- Foreign body airway obstruction (choking) - adult and infant
- Automated External Defibrillator (AED)
- Head and spinal injuries
You may choose one of three ways to complete your training which can reduce your time in the classroom by up to two hours.
- Classroom - Complete all training in the classroom
- Online - Complete your pre-course learning online, reducing your classroom session from 6 hours to 4 hours.