What we do
Ā mātau mahi
- Recent stories
- A hand up for tomorrow’s engineers
- Media Release | Bids replace buckets in New Zealand Red Cross annual appeal
- Always there in times of disaster – Westport floods
- Media Release | New Zealand Red Cross says thanks a million for donating to support the people of Tonga
- Media Release | New Zealand Red Cross supporting emergency response on the West Coast
- See all stories
Shop with us
Nau mai, hoko atu
- Get involved Donate
AED training - CardiAcademy
Are you confident you could use a defibrillator? Modern AEDs are easy to use instructing you every step of the way. Check out our free online courses or arrange on-site training.
Anyone can learn and become confident using a defibrillator (AED)
You may know what a defibrillator is and frequently see them, yet many people aren't confident they could use one. We can change that. CardiAcademy is a free online course that covers everything you need to know about using an AED.
If you're not experienced in using an AED, you'll appreciate the Powerheart G5’s features and options, including voice prompts, that help you perform every step of a rescue.
Watch the video of the next generation of AEDs that anyone can use:
AED training videos
Powerheart G5 AED Automatic - training video:
Powerheart G3 AED Automatic - training video:
Need some onsite training?
Review your action plan to deal with a heart attack and sudden cardiac arrest with our AED refresher course.
- Learn how to recognise the early symptoms of a heart attack
- Learn to use a defibrillator and learn why they're important
- Hands-on CPR with a qualified instructor
- This two hour informative session can be held at your workplace or another site.
$247.83 + GST ($285) for up to 15 people.
Contact 0800 RED CROSS or email email@example.com for more information, or to book onsite training.
Purchase an AED
The Powerheart AEDs are available for sale in New Zealand exclusively by New Zealand Red Cross. Every purchase is supported by the Red Cross AED management programme to help ensure your AED is always RescueReady.
Contact 0800 AED AID or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.