What we do
Ā mātau mahi
- Recent stories
- New Zealand Red Cross appoints new Secretary General
- Lake Ōhau fire: Providing emotional support to survivors
- Serving up a lifesaving effort in Waikato
- Red Cross and the Hurricanes invite you to join the Good and Ready Photo Challenge
- Bringing ‘hope in a box’ to Kiwis in need
- See all stories
Shop with us
Nau mai, hoko atu
- Get involved Donate
Programmes Coordinator - Palmerston North | Part time
We have an exciting opportunity for a part time Programmes Coordinator to join our team in Palmerston North.
About the Role:
Support a busy team of Red Cross volunteers who provide our Meals on Wheels programme in the Palmerston North area.
In this role, you will need to be a highly organised person with an understanding and appreciation of community networks and the importance of volunteer services to the community.
You will have (at least some of):
- Capability to coordinate our local Meals on Wheels volunteer services
- Skills to ensure this programme meets all New Zealand Red Cross policies and procedures
- Willingness to support the programme and its volunteers so that they meet New Zealand Red Cross health, safety and wellness practices and expectations
- Ability to monitor the programme and report data to the Manager as requested
- Capability to ensure the programme is delivered such that it aligns with our strategic priorities and the New Zealand Red Cross Fundamental Principles
- Proven success coordinating a group, ideally volunteers/including volunteers
- Empathy, a strong passion for humanitarian causes and a real commitment to our Fundamental Principles
- An ability to work in a multi-task and at times the time-constrained environment
- Demonstrated relationship building and communication skills.
About NZRC and its culture:
New Zealand Red Cross is a member of the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement. Our work is guided by seven fundamental principles; humanity, impartiality, neutrality, independence, voluntary service, unity and universality.
New Zealand Red Cross plays a vital role in providing assistance to vulnerable people in New Zealand and overseas. We are an organisation with 10,000 volunteers and 500 plus staff.
We welcome and encourage diversity in our workforce and adhere to best practice equal employment opportunity principles in all aspects of our recruitment and our ways of working.
Full training and ongoing support will be provided.
Become part of a dedicated local team of colleagues.
Enjoy working for a well-respected Humanitarian organisation. Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa. This is a Part-Time (24 hours per week) role.
For further information contact Antoinette Stratford at 027 629 2919.
To download the job description for this position please click the 'Apply Now' button to be taken to the New Zealand Red Cross Careers page.
You must have the right to live and work in New Zealand to be considered for this job. This job requires you to hold a full Driver's Licence.
Applications close 5PM, Sunday 25 October 2020.APPLY NOW