What we do
Ā mātau mahi
Shop with us
Nau mai, hoko atu
- Get involved Donate
Refugee Settlement Manager - Blenheim
We have an exciting opportunity for a Refugee Settlement Manager to join the team in Blenheim.
Pathways to Settlement Manager (Social Worker)
Refugee Settlement Programme Blenheim
Red Cross is the world's largest humanitarian organisation, working together towards our mission to improve the lives of vulnerable people by mobilising the power of humanity and enhancing community resilience.
New Zealand Red Cross is a New Zealand wide organisation with over 14,500 members and 500 staff.
We welcome and encourage diversity in our workforce and adhere to best practice equal employment opportunity principles in all aspects of our recruitment and our ways of working.
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Social Worker to join our Pathways to Settlement team as a manager in Blenheim, making a difference in the lives of former refugees from Colombia.
In this role you will:
- Carry a small caseload of former refugee clients, assisting them to develop and achieve their settlement plans, including undertaking regular home visits.
- Provide advice and leadership for complex case work.
- Liaise with Mangere agencies in preparation for receiving new arrivals into the community.
- Provide public education and raise awareness with local mainstream service providers on best practice work with refugee clients.
- Establish effective networks and collaborative partnerships with local service providers to obtain full access to mainstream services for former refugee clients.
- Provide leadership and line management to our Invercargill team of Settlement Case Workers, Cross Cultural Workers and the Volunteer Programme Lead, and actively participate in the wider Red Cross team.
- Contribute to the ongoing development of settlement work and social work at New Zealand Red Cross.
We encourage you to apply for this role if you have:
- A tertiary social work qualification.
- Full registration with the Social Worker Registration Board with a current practicing certificate.
- A recognised qualification in professional supervision or study towards it is preferred.
- In-depth experience in service delivery and direct client contact with families and individuals from a different cultural background.
- Proven relationship development skills.
- Recent experience of leading and managing a team from a variety of disciplines.
- A good knowledge of the Blenheim social service sector or able to quickly build this.
To download the job description for this position please click the 'Apply Now' button to be taken to the New Zealand Red Cross Careers page.
All applications MUST be submitted online. Applications close at 5pm, 24 February 2020.
If you wish to discuss this opportunity please contact Shweta Prasad at New Zealand Red Cross email@example.com.APPLY NOW