What we do
Ā mātau mahi
Shop with us
Nau mai, hoko atu
- Get involved Donate
Shop Coordinator - Dunedin
We have an exciting opportunity for a Shop Coordinator to join our our New Dunedin Retail Shop.
Red Cross is the world's largest humanitarian organisation, working together towards our mission to improve the lives of vulnerable people by mobilising the power of humanity and enhancing community resilience.
New Zealand Red Cross is a New Zealand wide organisation with over 14,500 members and 500 staff.
We welcome and encourage diversity in our workforce and adhere to best practice equal employment opportunity principles in all aspects of our recruitment and our ways of working.
This position is responsible for the maximising of sales and profitability of the shop, through effective management of stock, volunteers and customers. This includes the provision of a learning environment for volunteer staff.
In this role you will be responsible for:
- Merchandising/Promotion-Shop Sales
- Coordinating Volunteer Management
- Cash/Finance Management
- Carrying out Red Cross obligations
We encourage you to apply for this role if you have:
- A minimum of two years' experience in either a management or supervisory role
- Knowledge of systems involved with retail stock management including stock rotation
- Experience in cash handling, cash management, and retail shop operations
- Experience working in fashion retail
- Experience/interest in working with volunteers.
Applications close on 5pm, Sunday 31 May 2020.
To download the job description and apply for this position please click the 'Apply Now' button to be taken to the New Zealand Red Cross Careers page.
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa. Owing to the nature of our work in the Community, we undertake a Police vet check or Ministry of Justice records check on all new hires.APPLY NOW