What we do
Ā mātau mahi
Shop with us
Nau mai, hoko atu
- Get involved Donate
Social Worker - Masterton
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced social worker to join the Pathways to Settlement programme in liase with the regional council.
The Social worker provides comprehensive assessments, social work support and settlement support to former refugees settling in New Zealand to regain control of their lives.
- Registration with the Social Worker Registration Board with a current practicing certificate or near completion.
- Tertiary social work qualification.
- Ability to relate to people of different cultures and religious backgrounds.
- Relevant experience in social work.
- Willingness to embrace, seek and understand specific and relevant cultural knowledge.
- Ability to network and build positive working relationships.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent IT skills in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Empathy with humanitarian causes.
- Enthusiasm and commitment to work as a team member of Red Cross.
About New Zealand Red Cross:
Red Cross is the world's largest humanitarian organisation, working together towards our mission to improve the lives of vulnerable people by mobilising the power of humanity and enhancing community resilience.
New Zealand Red Cross is a New Zealand wide organisation with over 14,500 members and 500 staff.
We welcome and encourage diversity in our workforce and adhere to best practice equal employment opportunity principles in all aspects of our recruitment and our ways of working.
To download the job description and to apply for this position please click the 'Apply Now' button to be taken to the New Zealand Red Cross Careers page.
All applications MUST be submitted online. Applications close 5pm, 22 February 2020.
If you wish to discuss this opportunity or for further information, please contact Shweta Prasad at New Zealand Red Cross Shweta.Prasad@redcross.org.nz or give her a call on 027 301 3826.APPLY NOW