What we do
Ā mātau mahi
- Recent stories
- Finding strength in adversity
- Preparing multilingual communities for emergencies
- Colombian former refugees host cultural celebration
- International appeal launched to support major recovery and rebuilding operation following Indonesian earthquake
- A day in the life of a delegate in Cox’s Bazar
- See all stories
Shop with us
Nau mai, hoko atu
- Get involved Donate
Hints and tips
In this section, you’ll find some useful resources to help you make the most of your fundraising.
Check out our fundraising guides
There are so many ways you can fundraise - from a bake sale, to running Auckland Marathon or shaking a bucket. Simply do what you love and you will find the passion and motivation to help people in need across New Zealand and around the world.
We've put together some useful fact sheets for awesome fundraisers like you. They have ideas and tips to make the most out of your fundraising:External Fundraising Guide 2016 (PDF)
Fundraising in Schools (PDF)
Fundraising in businesses (PDF)
Fundraising individually (PDF)
If you have collected money offline, find all the different ways to send your money on the payment options page.
Top 5 tips
1. Organise a fundraising activity: check out the fundraising factsheets above for some inspiration. Pick something you love doing, then create your fundraising page.2. Make sure your online fundraising page is personalised. Add a photo of yourself, write your personal Red Cross story (tell people why you are fundraising for us).
3. Once set up, share your page on social media, send emails to all of your contacts, and edit your email signature to include the link to your fundraising page. If people don’t know, they won’t donate!
4. Lead the way and be the first to make a donation. The level of your donation will set the standard and is likely to inspire others to donate the same (or higher).
5. Keep reminding your contacts about what you are doing. They might have forgotten to donate the first time you told them.
Check out what our fundraising heroes have done in the past, or
support a friend currently fundraising.
Get in touch!
Get in touch with your local Service Centre for help, guidance or to simply let us know what you are up to.