What we do
Ā mātau mahi
- Recent stories
- New Zealand Red Cross appoints new Secretary General
- Lake Ōhau fire: Providing emotional support to survivors
- Serving up a lifesaving effort in Waikato
- Red Cross and the Hurricanes invite you to join the Good and Ready Photo Challenge
- Bringing ‘hope in a box’ to Kiwis in need
- See all stories
Shop with us
Nau mai, hoko atu
- Get involved Donate
Hints and tips
In this section, you’ll find some useful resources to help you make the most of your fundraising.
Check out our fundraising guides
There are so many ways you can fundraise - from a bake sale, to running Auckland Marathon or shaking a bucket. Simply do what you love and you will find the passion and motivation to help people in need across New Zealand and around the world.
We've put together some useful fact sheets for awesome fundraisers like you. They have ideas and tips to make the most out of your fundraising:
If you have collected money offline, find all the different ways to send your money on the payment options page.
Top 5 tips
1. Organise a fundraising activity: check out the fundraising factsheets above for some inspiration. Pick something you love doing, then create your fundraising page.2. Make sure your online fundraising page is personalised. Add a photo of yourself, write your personal Red Cross story (tell people why you are fundraising for us).
3. Once set up, share your page on social media, send emails to all of your contacts, and edit your email signature to include the link to your fundraising page. If people don’t know, they won’t donate!
4. Lead the way and be the first to make a donation. The level of your donation will set the standard and is likely to inspire others to donate the same (or higher).
5. Keep reminding your contacts about what you are doing. They might have forgotten to donate the first time you told them.
Check out what our fundraising heroes have done in the past, or
support a friend currently fundraising.
Get in touch!
Get in touch with your local Service Centre for help, guidance or to simply let us know what you are up to.