What we do
Ā mātau mahi
- Recent stories
- Finding strength in adversity
- Preparing multilingual communities for emergencies
- Colombian former refugees host cultural celebration
- International appeal launched to support major recovery and rebuilding operation following Indonesian earthquake
- A day in the life of a delegate in Cox’s Bazar
- See all stories
Shop with us
Nau mai, hoko atu
- Get involved Donate
Our campaigners are passionate about seeking support for us. They have an important role in helping to build our regular giving programme. It's important to us that you have confidence in the integrity and transparency of our face-to-face fundraisers
About our campaigners
New Zealand Red Cross face-to-face campaigners are passionate about our organisation. They introduce people to our work in a variety of places, including on the street, at private sites, and on doorsteps. They are able to have personal conversations about our programmes and the benefits of regular giving.
We use face-to-face fundraising agencies who have the specialist experience to help us gain thousands of loyal new regular supporters (our Project Partners) each year. This type of fundraising is one of the most affordable and cost-effective ways that we can attract new supporters to Red Cross.
Our face-to-face fundraising programme, building up our Project Partners, means that our charitable activities can be planned in advance, knowing that a substantial level of regular support is secured.
How to identify our campaigners
When new supporters sign up as a Project Partner with our face-to-face campaigners, they provide personal information and bank details to allow automatic monthly donations. All this information is kept strictly confidential.
Legitimate New Zealand Red Cross face-to-face campaigners will:
- be wearing a red t-shirt or jacket displaying the New Zealand Red Cross logo
- be displaying a Cornucopia Fundraising, Appco or Aida for Good identification badge with their name, photo and identification number
- never ask for, or accept, a cash donation
- be carrying up-to-date Red Cross literature
If you have questions or feedback about our campaigners, please contact our Project Partners team on 0800 697 277 or email email@example.com.
New Zealand Red Cross is a member of the Public Fundraising Regulatory Association (PFRA) of New Zealand. The PFRA works with charities and service providers to ensure quality, integrity and transparency in face-to-face fundraising by creating an atmosphere of public confidence and regulatory satisfaction. For more information, please visit the PFRA website.
Project Partners locations
Private Site locations
Door to door locations
Kingsley - Chatham