Winter warmer pack volunteer
Winter warmer pack volunteers help prepare packs for members of their local community. Depending on the location, we may provide bedding packs, warm blankets and hotties, or similar items to help people who are suffering from living in cold houses.
Your volunteer role will include:
- Sorting and packing goods.
- Distributing packs.
- Working as part of a team.
Volunteer requirements and training
Our volunteers come together to make up the packs when required, usually in the autumn or winter.
Health, Safety and Wellbeing (HSW)
- Make sure your actions (or lack of actions) don’t harm your health, safety and wellbeing, or harm anyone else.
- Take part in a HSW induction, training, programmes and activities.
- Follow all instructions given to you about health, safety and wellbeing
- Follow all NZRC HSW policies, standards and procedures about health, safety and wellbeing.
- Make sure you have the right training for any activities you are doing.
- Use personal protective equipment (PPE) for any work activities that may need it to stay safe.
- If you spot a hazard, or you are involved in an incident or near miss, report this straight away.