What we do
Ā mātau mahi
- Recent stories
- New Zealand Red Cross responds to Nelson fires
- Red Cross welcomes government’s announcement of new refugee settlement locations
- Health worker blog: Christmas at Kutupalong
- New Zealand Red Cross welcomes government’s decision to sign Global Compact for Migration
- A scholarship to build the future
- See all stories
Shop with us
Nau mai, hoko atu
- Get involved Donate
Breakfast club mentor
Join a Red Cross breakfast club and become a positive role model for children.
Breakfast club volunteers meet with children one morning a week, helping prepare the first meal of the day and joining the younger members for breakfast. This interaction includes sharing conversations, modelling positive behaviour like manners and social skills, as well as sharing experiences with the younger children.
Mentors reward positive behaviour with verbal praise and ignore or report negative behaviour. Our mentors usually volunteer one day a week for an hour and a half, from about 7:30am to 9:00am.