What we do
Ā mātau mahi
- Recent stories
- Media Release| New Zealand Red Cross investigating data security in International Committee of the Red Cross privacy breach
- Media Release | New Zealand Red Cross ready to respond to Tonga volcanic eruption and tsunami
- A bittersweet escape from Kabul
- Red Cross Shops need hundreds more volunteers this holiday season
- Huge Hanes new clothing donations a warm welcome for former refugees
- See all stories
Shop with us
Nau mai, hoko atu
- Get involved Donate
Good and Ready Week 25-29 October 2021
Good and Ready Week is a great opportunity to get you and your loved ones prepared before disaster strikes.
How to get involved
This year, we have three key actions you can do to to help you make sure you and your loved ones are Good and Ready:
- Download the New Zealand Red Cross Hazard App
/what-we-do/in-new-zealand/disaster-management/hazard-app/to help you and your family prepare for and respond to hazards in New Zealand. The app is a vital tool to help you get through emergencies and get disaster alerts.
- Make sure you participate in ShakeOut, our national earthquake/tsunami hikoi on 28 October 9.30 am. Find out more at get.ready.govt.nz.
- Identify a ‘Good and Ready Buddy’ as part of your household preparedness. A Good and Ready Buddy is someone who you can count on to check on you if there has been an emergency. Or vice versa. This can be anything from a power outage, a flood, earthquake or even staying at home in lockdown. We know how powerful staying connected is during times of crisis or stress. A Good and Ready Buddy helps keep those connections alive, especially when it is need most. Fine out more here.
We've got some cool resources that you can download and share.
For more ways to get Good and Ready, click here.