What we do
Ā mātau mahi
- Recent stories
- Finding strength in adversity
- Preparing multilingual communities for emergencies
- Colombian former refugees host cultural celebration
- International appeal launched to support major recovery and rebuilding operation following Indonesian earthquake
- A day in the life of a delegate in Cox’s Bazar
- See all stories
Shop with us
Nau mai, hoko atu
- Get involved Donate
Hospital services volunteer
Help make a difference in someone's recovery and recuperation journey by becoming a hospital services volunteer.
Our hospital services volunteers, in partnership with local District Health Boards, provide a warm and friendly welcome to hospital patients and visitors. Volunteers may visit wards offering a selection of items, such as drinks and snacks or books and magazines.
Our hospital service volunteers are a friendly face and a considerate and sensitive visitor during a patient's recovery and recuperation. A few hours once a week, fortnight or month can make all the difference in someone's recovery.