What we do
Ā mātau mahi
- Recent stories
- World First Aid Day 2021 #EverydayHeroes
- Afghanistan Humanitarian Crisis | FAQ
- New Zealand Red Cross is calling for support from Kiwis to help ease the suffering of those most impacted by COVID-19 across the Pacific
- Afghanistan Humanitarian Crisis
- New Zealand Red Cross continues to provide essential services under COVID-19 Alert Level 4
- See all stories
Shop with us
Nau mai, hoko atu
- Get involved Donate
The group of around 160 students came first place on the fundraising leader board for Red Cross Journey. They raised an incredible $2297.
Their efforts won the St Heliers team a $1000 shopping trip with our friends at Kathmandu. Unsurprisingly, this active squad used their prize money to purchase a pile of outdoor equipment and games.
From 8-31 May, these students followed the journey through video updates of former refugees Mirza, Asma and their family as they fled from Pakistan and made their way to Aotearoa. And, to finish off their own journey, the kids ran 12km around the school field!
Rob High, Community Fundraising Coordinator for Red Cross in Auckland, was there to give the kids and their teacher Tracy Cappel the first place certificate. He says “the kids were awesome” and excited to receive the award, even despite the chilly weather.
You can check out all the results at RedCrossJourney.org.nz.