What we do
Ā mātau mahi
- Recent stories
- World First Aid Day 2021 #EverydayHeroes
- Afghanistan Humanitarian Crisis | FAQ
- New Zealand Red Cross is calling for support from Kiwis to help ease the suffering of those most impacted by COVID-19 across the Pacific
- Afghanistan Humanitarian Crisis
- New Zealand Red Cross continues to provide essential services under COVID-19 Alert Level 4
- See all stories
Shop with us
Nau mai, hoko atu
- Get involved Donate
While many other teenagers spend their pocket money on the latest tech or fashion, Christchurch twins Callum and Mackay Wakefield are doing their bit to help others.
The 14-year-olds chose to donate their Christmas money to New Zealand Red Cross to support others in their community.
“Red Cross does a lot of things helping people,” Mackay explains. “That’s why we thought it was a good idea to give our money to Red Cross.”
It’s not the first time the twins have donated to Red Cross. In Year Six, after doing a research project on diseases, they fundraised $700 to support Red Cross’ Ebola response in West Africa. The Riccarton High School students have both completed First Aid Training with New Zealand Red Cross and also volunteered their time to help out at their local Rose Day this year.
We’re always looking for generous people to help us make a difference here in Aotearoa and around the world. Check out how you can get involved.