What we do
Ā mātau mahi
- Recent stories
- Building lasting connections through Meals on Wheels
- Global support saves lives as India battles second COVID-19 wave
- Meals on Wheels: 70 years of love and care across Aotearoa
- Volunteers: Red Cross’ most important and unique asset
- Red Cross responds to weather events across the North Island
- See all stories
Shop with us
Nau mai, hoko atu
- Get involved Donate
Teams from each of New Zealand’s six law schools were asked to make their case before the mock court on a variety of issues arising from modern day warfare.
These included the protection of cultural property during war and the use of private military and security contractors.
The annual moot is designed to extend knowledge of IHL, the body of law that regulates armed conflict, within a new generation of talented legal students. The moot is funded by New Zealand Red Cross and the International Committee of the Red Cross.
Abhiteja and Conor were commended by the judges for their clear and well organised arguments. Abhiteja was also awarded the prize for best speaker.