What we do
Ā mātau mahi
- Recent stories
- Finding strength in adversity
- Preparing multilingual communities for emergencies
- Colombian former refugees host cultural celebration
- International appeal launched to support major recovery and rebuilding operation following Indonesian earthquake
- A day in the life of a delegate in Cox’s Bazar
- See all stories
Shop with us
Nau mai, hoko atu
- Get involved Donate
The funding will contribute to operating costs for each service.
A regular user of the Dunedin service, Lyndon (41), says that without transport from Red Cross after a stroke in 2013 he would have been unable to attend his as numerous medical appointments, as well as ongoing rehabilitation appointments.
“After my stroke left me severely immobile and no longer able to work, I really struggled with the cost of living and getting my life back to normal. Without the help of the Red Cross community transport service, and the volunteer drivers, my treatment and rehabilitation would not have been the success it has been.”
Lyndon looks forward to getting on with his rehab, and having his independence back as soon as possible.