What we do
Ā mātau mahi
- Recent stories
- New Zealand Red Cross responds to Nelson fires
- Red Cross welcomes government’s announcement of new refugee settlement locations
- Health worker blog: Christmas at Kutupalong
- New Zealand Red Cross welcomes government’s decision to sign Global Compact for Migration
- A scholarship to build the future
- See all stories
Shop with us
Nau mai, hoko atu
- Get involved Donate
The funding will contribute to operating costs for each service.
A regular user of the Dunedin service, Lyndon (41), says that without transport from Red Cross after a stroke in 2013 he would have been unable to attend his as numerous medical appointments, as well as ongoing rehabilitation appointments.
“After my stroke left me severely immobile and no longer able to work, I really struggled with the cost of living and getting my life back to normal. Without the help of the Red Cross community transport service, and the volunteer drivers, my treatment and rehabilitation would not have been the success it has been.”
Lyndon looks forward to getting on with his rehab, and having his independence back as soon as possible.