What we do
Ā mātau mahi
- Recent stories
- World First Aid Day 2021 #EverydayHeroes
- Afghanistan Humanitarian Crisis | FAQ
- New Zealand Red Cross is calling for support from Kiwis to help ease the suffering of those most impacted by COVID-19 across the Pacific
- Afghanistan Humanitarian Crisis
- New Zealand Red Cross continues to provide essential services under COVID-19 Alert Level 4
- See all stories
Shop with us
Nau mai, hoko atu
- Get involved Donate
The funding will contribute to operating costs for each service.
A regular user of the Dunedin service, Lyndon (41), says that without transport from Red Cross after a stroke in 2013 he would have been unable to attend his as numerous medical appointments, as well as ongoing rehabilitation appointments.
“After my stroke left me severely immobile and no longer able to work, I really struggled with the cost of living and getting my life back to normal. Without the help of the Red Cross community transport service, and the volunteer drivers, my treatment and rehabilitation would not have been the success it has been.”
Lyndon looks forward to getting on with his rehab, and having his independence back as soon as possible.