What we do
Ā mātau mahi
- Recent stories
- Welcome packs help former refugee families make their new house a home
- “I didn’t give up. I kept smiling.”
- QBE Insurance and New Zealand Red Cross to help more Kiwis prepare for emergencies
- COVID-19 Place of Interest : New Zealand Red Cross Shop Frankton Hamilton
- The power of perseverance
- See all stories
Shop with us
Nau mai, hoko atu
- Get involved Donate
As a team adopt one new habit to reduce your team’s use of plastic.
Some ideas are:
- Identify all the plastic items used in your work and try to find at least one non-plastic alternative.
- Start a ‘library’ in your office kitchen for reusable lunch boxes, coffee cups, shopping bags
- Set up a recycling system in your office, service centre or shop so that any plastic you use is given a second life.
Get your team together and come up with at least one plastic-free promotion activity.
Some promotion ideas are:
- Make a display of ways people can reduce their use of plastic (in your office, a local library or community centre). Here are some posters you could use.
- Show a video about plastic (how to reduce use and why it’s a problem) at a branch, group or team meeting. Here are some videos you could use.
- Organise a plastic-free event (lunch, morning or afternoon tea) to share local plastic-free tips and encourage reduced use
Graphic genius competition
Take a photo or make a video to promote reduced use of plastic.Graphic genius entry form
As an individual send us your best new tip about how to reduce use of plastic.Top tip entry form
Take the Pesky Plastic Quiz - find out about your own plastic usage and get some ideas about how you could reduce use.
This is not a competition so there’s no entry form.Take the quiz