What we do
Ā mātau mahi
- Recent stories
- A hand up for tomorrow’s engineers
- Media Release | Bids replace buckets in New Zealand Red Cross annual appeal
- Always there in times of disaster – Westport floods
- Media Release | New Zealand Red Cross says thanks a million for donating to support the people of Tonga
- Media Release | New Zealand Red Cross supporting emergency response on the West Coast
- See all stories
Shop with us
Nau mai, hoko atu
- Get involved Donate
As a team adopt one new habit to reduce your team’s use of plastic.
Some ideas are:
- Identify all the plastic items used in your work and try to find at least one non-plastic alternative.
- Start a ‘library’ in your office kitchen for reusable lunch boxes, coffee cups, shopping bags
- Set up a recycling system in your office, service centre or shop so that any plastic you use is given a second life.
Get your team together and come up with at least one plastic-free promotion activity.
Some promotion ideas are:
- Make a display of ways people can reduce their use of plastic (in your office, a local library or community centre). Here are some posters you could use.
- Show a video about plastic (how to reduce use and why it’s a problem) at a branch, group or team meeting. Here are some videos you could use.
- Organise a plastic-free event (lunch, morning or afternoon tea) to share local plastic-free tips and encourage reduced use
Graphic genius competition
Take a photo or make a video to promote reduced use of plastic.
As an individual send us your best new tip about how to reduce use of plastic.
Take the Pesky Plastic Quiz - find out about your own plastic usage and get some ideas about how you could reduce use.
This is not a competition so there’s no entry form.Take the quiz