What we do
Ā mātau mahi
- Recent stories
- Building lasting connections through Meals on Wheels
- Global support saves lives as India battles second COVID-19 wave
- Meals on Wheels: 70 years of love and care across Aotearoa
- Volunteers: Red Cross’ most important and unique asset
- Red Cross responds to weather events across the North Island
- See all stories
Shop with us
Nau mai, hoko atu
- Get involved Donate
Red Cross Shop volunteer
Volunteering in a Red Cross Shop is a great way to gain retail experience while supporting our work in your community.
Do you have a love for fashion and want some retail work experience? We're always looking for volunteers for our retail shops who are reliable and can commit to four hours of volunteering per week.
As a retail assistant, you'll pick up many new retail skills, get valuable work experience and receive on-the-job training. A great way to get your foot in the door to retail world!
Volunteering in one of our shops can help you get your Certificate in Retail from Service IQ (formerly the Retail Institute).
We have an agreement with Service IQ to train our volunteers in various retail certificates. The programme is available to a volunteer once they have been with us for 3 months.
The training for the certificates takes about 6-9 months, and goes from Level 2 to Level 4.
A great opportunity to add qualifications to your CV, for free!