What we do
Ā mātau mahi
- Recent stories
- New Zealand Red Cross responds to Nelson fires
- Red Cross welcomes government’s announcement of new refugee settlement locations
- Health worker blog: Christmas at Kutupalong
- New Zealand Red Cross welcomes government’s decision to sign Global Compact for Migration
- A scholarship to build the future
- See all stories
Shop with us
Nau mai, hoko atu
- Get involved Donate
Red Cross Shop volunteer
Volunteering in a Red Cross Shop is a great way to gain retail experience while supporting our work in your community.
Do you have a love for fashion and want some retail work experience? We're always looking for volunteers for our retail shops who are reliable and can commit to four hours of volunteering per week.
As a retail assistant, you'll pick up many new retail skills, get valuable work experience and receive on-the-job training. A great way to get your foot in the door to retail world!
Volunteering in one of our shops can help you get your Certificate in Retail from Service IQ (formerly the Retail Institute).
We have an agreement with Service IQ to train our volunteers in various retail certificates. The programme is available to a volunteer once they have been with us for 3 months.
The training for the certificates takes about 6-9 months, and goes from Level 2 to Level 4.
A great opportunity to add qualifications to your CV, for free!