What we do
Ā mātau mahi
- Recent stories
- Kiwi aid workers doing their bit to help in world's most critical crises
- Red Cross helps Havelock North residents hit by gastro illness
- Blog: Surgery and rice sandwiches in South Sudan
- Hamilton is getting ready for its 20th annual book fair
- Social work the 'right path'
- See all stories
Red Cross Shops
Toa Rīpeka Whero
- Get involved Donate
Privacy and disclosure statement
New Zealand Red Cross is committed to protecting your privacy. Read our privacy and disclosure statement and find out how to contact us if you have concerns about the use of your personal information.
New Zealand Red Cross (NZRC) is committed to protecting your privacy.
- NZRC is committed to ensuring the privacy of your personal information and complying with the Privacy Act 1993.Your personal information is stored in secure databases that are managed by NZRC.
- Your personal information remains private and confidential to NZRC. Without your permission we do not rent, sell, or exchange your personal information.
- Unless we reasonably believe that we are required to do so by law, we will only pass on your information to other organisations where we intend to communicate with you through third parties contracted to supply services to NZRC (e.g. mailing houses).
- If you are under 16 years old, we suggest that you ask your parents or guardian before signing up on this site.
Collection of personal information
- NZRC collects information about our supporters and website users, including:
- Personal information that you provide voluntarily when registering and completing forms;
- Website usage information through tracking your individual click behaviour; and
- Aggregated website traffic information collected by our web server or third party systems we subscribe to.
Use of personal information
Your personal information enables us to:
- Process your donations accurately and securely;
- Communicate with you on matters relevant to your donation, and from time-to-time provide you with information about NZRC that may be of interest to you;
- Improve our website so we can give you a better online experience;
- Provide you with any other services you have requested;
- Use the information for any other purposes for which you have given us your permission.
Access to your personal information
Please feel free to contact our Privacy Officer to talk to us about your personal information or the communication we send you. We are happy to provide you with any personal information that we hold about you. If it is wrong we will correct it.
Giving you control - communication from New Zealand Red Cross
From time to time, NZRC will send you communications that we feel are appropriate to the nature of your relationship with us, for example: if you make a donation to a relief appeal, you may receive information about future relief appeals.
We strive to only send email to those who want to receive it. If you would not like to receive future emails from us, please use the 'unsubscribe' link located at the bottom of our email communications.
Please feel free to contact our Privacy Officer in order to manage the communication we send.
Website privacy and security
Website tracking and measurement
NZRC uses third party website trackers, such as Google, to collect information on how you use our website. These services are used to aggregate website statistics anonymously, such as number of page views, the number of unique visitors, time spent on our site, and to determine advertising effectiveness. On occasion, random short surveys may also be used to collect further information about our users - participation in these surveys will be entirely voluntary.
Credit and debit card security
We work diligently to protect the security of your personal information, including credit and debit card information.
When you submit personal information including credit card details, a secure server is used. We protect your information during transmission by using the Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) protocol, which encrypts your information when transmitted over the Internet. You can check that the SSL is active by looking for the padlock symbol on many browsers.
It is important for you to protect against unauthorised access to your password and to your computer. Ensure you logout when you have finished, especially if using a shared computer.
NZRC uses remarketing with Google Analytics to advertise online. Third-party vendors, including Google, show NZRC ads on sites across the Internet. NZRC and third-party vendors, including Google, use first-party cookies (such as the Google Analytics cookie) and third-party cookies (such as the DoubleClick cookie) together to inform, optimise, and serve ads based on a user's past visits to the New Zealand Red Cross website.
NZRC uses Google Display Network Impression reporting and the DoubleClick Campaign Manager. NZRC and third-party vendors, including Google, use first-party cookies (such as the Google Analytics cookies) and third-party cookies (such as the DoubleClick cookie) together to report how ad impressions, other uses of ad services, and interactions with these ad impressions and ad services are related to visits to the New Zealand Red Cross site.
NZRC uses Google Analytics Demographics and Interest reporting, including age, gender and interests. This is aggregated website traffic information collected by our web server or third party systems we subscribe to.
Visitors can opt-out of Google Analytics for Display Advertising and customise Google Display Network ads using the Ads Settings.
There are links on this website that take you to other websites outside of our service. Any links provided to third party websites are provided solely for your convenience. The operation and content of such third party websites is beyond our control; we do not endorse in any manner whatsoever, or accept any responsibility for, the content or other material that may be contained on such websites, the use of such websites, or any products or services advertised on or sold through any such websites. We will not be liable under any circumstances for any damages whatsoever, direct or indirect, resulting from any use of this website or any third party website linked to this website, whether or not we are advised of the possibility of such damages.
Please contact the New Zealand Red Cross Privacy Officer if you have any concerns about the use of your personal information: Bruce McGregor - firstname.lastname@example.org, 04 471 9101, New Zealand Red Cross, PO Box 12140, Wellington, 6144.
Site contentThe material in this site may include technical inaccuracies or typographical errors. New Zealand Red Cross may make changes or improvements at any time.
This website may contain references to the International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (Federation), the International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC), and other Red Cross or Red Crescent Society services, products, and programmes that are not in your country. These references do not imply that New Zealand Red Cross, the Federation, ICRC, or other Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies intend to announce or provide the programmes, products, or services in your country.
All questions about Federation, ICRC or Red Cross or Red Crescent activities in your country should be directed to the Red Cross or Red Crescent Society in your country.
Information on the New Zealand Red Cross website, or those of any of its related, affiliated, or subsidiary units, is provided with the understanding that New Zealand Red Cross is not rendering professional advice or recommendations. You should not rely on any information on these pages to replace consultations with qualified professionals to meet your individual needs.
GeneralWe accept no liability for any failure to comply with the terms and conditions presented in this website where such failure is due to circumstances beyond our reasonable control. If we waive any rights available to us under these terms and conditions on one occasion, this does not mean that those rights will automatically be waived on any other occasions. If any of these terms and conditions are held to be invalid, unenforceable, or illegal for any reason, the remaining terms and conditions shall nevertheless continue in full force.
Security of Information
No data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed as totally secure. While we strive to protect such information, we do not warrant and cannot ensure the security of any information which you may transmit to us. Accordingly, any information which you transmit to us is transmitted at your own risk. Nevertheless, once we receive your transmission, we will take reasonable steps to preserve the security of such information.