What we do
Ā mātau mahi
Shop with us
Nau mai, hoko atu
- Get involved Donate
Choose from one of the payment options below, and donate the way you want to.
When making a donation please remember to tell us what your donation is for and supply your name and address so we can send you a receipt. Receipts are sent for all donations of $5 or more.
If you have any questions about donations or receipts please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 0800 RED CROSS (0800 733 276) extension 4096.
- You can see our most popular appeals by clicking on donate. To donate to appeals or programmes other than those on this website please check the list below or contact us before making your donation. We need to ensure we can accept donations for the cause you want to support.
- A special appeal is not opened for every disaster, so check with us before sending a donation.
- Pacific Disaster Fund – code “PacDisF”
- Global Disaster Fund – code “GloDisF”
Donate online with a credit or debit card. This is the fastest way for you to donate and you will get a receipt by email. It is also the most cost effective way for Red Cross to receive donations.Donate now
Set up a monthly donation by direct debit from your bank account to support all our work where the need is greatest. Set it up now or phone 0800 697 277 to have a form sent to you. You will receive an annual tax receipt each April.Sign up today
Phone 0800 RED CROSS (0800 733 276) to make a donation over the phone with a credit or debit card. Please ask for a receipt and provide your name, postal address and phone number. A receipt will be posted to you.
Donate at any Red Cross service centre or shop using your EFTPOS card. Please ask for a tax receipt and provide your name, postal address and phone number.
Internet banking / direct credit
Make a direct bank transfer through internet banking using the details below. Note the different bank account numbers, depending on what you wish to donate to.
If you include your Supporter ID number as a reference with your donation, you will receive your receipt by post. If you have not donated before or do not know your supporter ID number, please email email@example.com after making the donation. Provide your name, postal address, phone number, amount donated, and date deposited. We will send you your receipt by post.
Donations to 'where the need is greatest' or a community programme
- Bank Name: ASB Bank Ltd
- Account Name: NZRC Fundraising
- Account Number: 12-3192-0043737-00
- Particulars (limited to 12 characters): Your first name or initials and surname or organisation name
- Code (limited to 12 characters): “Donation” for general donations or the name of the programme you want to donate towards e.g. “MOW” for Meals on Wheels
- Reference(limited to 12 characters): Your supporter ID number if known. You will find this number on mail from Red Cross, it starts with “RE".
International Telegraphic Transfers
For international transfers to either of the bank accounts listed above you will need the following additional details:
- Branch Name: ASB Commercial Banking
- Bank Address: 2 Hunter Street, Wellington 6011
- SWIFT code: ASBBNZ2A
ASB Bank counter deposits
You can make an over the counter deposit at any ASB Bank. Use the appropriate bank account listed above. Ask the teller to include your name as a reference and the word "Donation". Or, if your donation is for a specific appeal or programme, include your name and the name of the appeal or programme you want to support.
To receive a tax receipt, ask the teller for a stamped deposit receipt and post this to New Zealand Red Cross – Supporter Services, PO Box 12140, Thorndon, Wellington 6144. Include your name, postal address, and phone number and we will post you back an official tax receipt.