What we do
Ā mātau mahi
- Recent stories
- A hand up for tomorrow’s engineers
- Media Release | Bids replace buckets in New Zealand Red Cross annual appeal
- Always there in times of disaster – Westport floods
- Media Release | New Zealand Red Cross says thanks a million for donating to support the people of Tonga
- Media Release | New Zealand Red Cross supporting emergency response on the West Coast
- See all stories
Shop with us
Nau mai, hoko atu
- Get involved Donate
Blood service support volunteer
Help support those who donate blood.
We support the New Zealand Blood Service by providing cups of tea and support for donors after they've given blood during New Zealand Blood Service drives. Volunteer to be the friendly smile offering the cuppa at your next local blood drive.
New Zealand Red Cross requires its people – employees, members and those that volunteer their time – to be fully vaccinated. If you are interested in volunteering for New Zealand Red Cross you will need to provide your ‘My vaccine Pass’ when required. This is important as we place our people at the heart of everything we do, ensuring we take steps to prioritise health, safety and well-being.
- Volunteers needed on an Ad Hoc basis as requested by the New Zealand Blood Service through the network of Red Cross Branches and Groups
- Please join your local Branch or Group in order to be informed of times and dates for Blood Service volunteer opportunities in your local area
- Ability to pass a Ministry of Justice Criminal Record Check
- Valid MyVaccine pass
Wellington - Newtown
Christchurch - Bishopdale
Want to help, but don't have time?
Make a donation today and help vulnerable people receive the lifesaving support they need.Donate now